Manufacturing is changing. The traditional view of production plants as islands of automation, expertise, and control no longer stands up in an ever more connected world. Exciting things are occurring across Manufacturing Operations Management (MOM) as forward looking organizations begin to digitally transform and integrate operations within their companies to revolutionize performance.
This NEW eBook, "Manufacturing Metrics in an IoT World: Measuring the Progress of the Industrial Internet of Things," presents results from the fourth iteration of the biennial Metrics that Matter research study conducted between LNS Research and MESA International. It places particular focus on what IIoT means to manufacturers in the MOM space. Highlights of this year’s study include:
- Why the number of respondents who don’t understand IoT has fallen from 44% to 19% over the past year, with technology investments on the rise
- Why 27% of respondents with MOM deployments have moved to the cloud, and how this is affecting the traditional ISA-95 model hierarchy
- The key identified trends and challenges across industries such as A&D, Oil & Gas, Chemicals, and more
- A snapshot of industry analytics capabilities, maturity, and current use cases
- Notable year over year improvements across operational metrics such as improvement in manufacturing cycle time, new product introductions, health & safety incidences, and more